10 OBJECTIVES TO REACH
- Demonstrate the PED concept in the two Lighthouse cities selected in the project: Groningen and Oulu.
- Establish a validated procedure to support the definition of PED concept (calculation procedures, identified barriers, assessed technical, social and regulatory framework conditions).
- Replicate the PED concept developed in MAKING-CITY in the 6 Follower cities selected.
- Support and promote the City Vision 2050 in the methodologies and procedures needed for the implementation of PEDs within integrating the 2030 mid-term timescale.
- Develop a rigorous monitoring and evaluation programme.
- Determine business models integrating the PED deployment to foster the creation of a business ecosystem behind the PED concept developed in MAKING-CITY.
- Organise social innovation activities to raise business opportunities in the cities by integrating the PED concept and involving industrials, SMEs, NGOs…
- Deploy an exploitation and market strategy from the market analysis to the identification of exploitable results and technologies.
- Establish a strong communication and dissemination strategy to promote and raise awareness about the PED concept developed in MAKING-CITY.
- Foster strong cooperation with related projects and relevant clusters of projects.
The PED concept developed in MAKING-CITY will boost the use of renewables as main sources of energy, waste recovery technologies, and innovative storage solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
MAKING-CITY will lead the way towards a larger implementation of PEDs thanks to validated technical feasibility, suitable business models and wide social acceptance.
MAKING-CITY will significantly improve energy efficiency, maximise the positive annual energy balance, and optimise the energy produced at the district level.
MAKING-CITY will increase the installation of electric mobility solutions such as electric charging stations.
The PED deployment in a large array of European cities will contribute to improving air quality in urban areas.
MAKING-CITY will transform the local economy of urban areas having a positive impact on citizens’ quality of life and attracting investors.
More than 4 358 jobs are expected to be created (directly and indirectly) in the 8 cities involved in the MAKING-CITY project. The replication of the PED concept in at least 20 other European cities would generate the creation of around 14 500 new jobs.
MAKING-CITY will encourage the mobilisation of public and private investment through the validated PED replication and advanced business models.