19 November 2020
Presented by the Climate Group and Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) as part of London Climate Action Week 2020.
Buildings account for 30-40% of total global emissions. But renovation rates are still far too slow to meet the Paris Agreement goals. Will smart tech make the difference? Will tech allow businesses to move more quickly to retrofitting and building climate-friendly and healthy properties? How can building and facilities managers use technology to inform their decisions?
Due to the global pandemic, the ways we are working are changing, with the majority of professionals working flexibly. How can companies ensure they are utilising their buildings optimally and also safely? If buildings are under-occupied due to social distancing requirements, are they optimised for energy saving?
In this exclusive online event, we will explore these issues with industry leaders; including technology providers, property management companies and facilities management practitioners.
- Explore new smart technologies which can help businesses to decarbonize their building footprint, fast
- Showcase real-world energy productivity best practices, such as smart LED lighting systems and heating and cooling technologies
- Consider how tech will also support our changing ways of work as we return to workplaces during the global pandemic
- Identify and discuss remaining barriers to implementation
- Toby Morgan, LED Program Manager - Climate Group
- Peter Brogan, Head Of Research and Insight - IWFM
- Darren Smith, Systems Architect - Signify
- Andy Mazzucchelli, Energy and Sustainability Manager - Landsec
- Derek Lawrence, Director - Twindl Ltd.