As part of Sustainable Places 2022, a workshop on innovative solutions supporting cities’ energy transition will be held Thursday 8 September 2022.
According to the EU Mission for Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities, cities play a pivotal role in achieving climate neutrality by 2050, the goal of the European Green Deal. They take up only 4% of the EU’s land area, but they are home to 75% of EU citizens. Furthermore, cities consume over 65% of the world’s energy and account for more than 70% of global CO2 emissions.
Ongoing EU projects have developed tools, models and solutions that can help cities accelerate their green and digital transformation. This workshop will gather several of them that will present some of their key results supporting the development of more sustainable, smarter and greener cities.
H2020 projects involved:
- MAKING-CITY: Energy-efficient pathway for the city transformation enabling a positive energy future:
- +CityxChange: Positive City ExChange
- RESPONSE: integRatEd Solutions for POsitive eNergy and reSilient CitiEs
- Project presentations (5 -10 minutes each)
- Each presentation will be followed by an interactive session, discussing each cities innovative solutions.
- Workshop wrap-up – summation of the session’s main takeaways.