The MAKING-CITY Mid-Term Event will take place virtually on 2 June 2021 from 9-12 CET.
The MAKING-CITY team is thrilled to be hosting its Mid-Term Event, the purpose of which is to disseminate project results, engage with experts from similar projects and discuss the social and behavioural challenges faced in the urban energy transformation sector.
The event will open with presentations on project results from WP1 and WP5, which will then be followed by a panel in which the project’s Lighthouse and Follower Cities will discuss the social and behavioural challenges often faced, such as how to engage citizens, encourage them to participate in the urban energy transition movement and boost their enthusiasm about energy transition goals.
The panel will be followed by a Design Thinking workshop in which MAKING-CITY partners and Lighthouse Projects will answer the question “How might we, MAKING-CITY and Lighthouse Projects together, better understand how we each work to bridge the gap with citizens?”
- 9:00-9:10 Connect & Welcome
- 9:10-9:25 Energy Systems Modelling & Long-Term Behaviour – Results from WP1
- 9:25-9:40 Evaluation of PED Areas – Methods & First Findings – Results from WP5
- 9:40-10:20 Lighthouse & Follower Cities Panel – Social & Behavioural Challenges
- 10:20-10:30 Coffee Break
- 10:30-11:55 Design Thinking Workshop – Solutions to Social and Behavioural Challenges
- 11:55-12:00 Closing Remarks
If you’re involved in another Lighthouse Project and interested in exchanging with MAKING-CITY partners and other projects, this event is for you!